ESO Rumor – Starter Islands Optional?
As reported on MMORPG.com, a Reddit user has posted some information regarding what some are speculation is the latest patch on the ESO Beta PTS.
- Collision detection with NPCs just got put in.
- You can also now skip the starter islands and go straight to the first city in your area. You can port back to starter islands if you want.
- Mob difficulty increase slightly starting at level 5.
- Buffs and nerfs to class abilities
- Fixed an issue where many abilities were not properly obeying line of sight rules.
Of course, this is speculative, as no word has come officially from Zenimax that any of this has been implemented. A lot of outlets and fans reported that the starter islands were too slow, and the ability to skip them could be a direct result of this feedback. The collision detecting in NPC’s, again if the rumor is substantiated by Zenimax, could also be resulting from the combat as being described as “floaty” in a lot of instances, my opinion included.
This could all have also been apart of the larger plan from the beginning as well, but we won’t know until Zenimax either announces this, or the next beta test reveals whether this rumor is in fact true.
What do you think? Would you like to see all these changes implemented? Let us know in the comments below, as well as on our forums!