The Last of Us Remastered Officially Announced
Update 4/10/2014: Naughty Dog has just released a teaser trailer for The Last of Us Remastered! Check it out below!
Original Story Follows:
Remember in late March when a Turkish Playstation Exec leaked that Naughty Dog’s award-winning PS3 title The Last of Us would be hitting PS4? And do you remember when Playstation denied this claim?
Well, it seems as though Playstation has had a change of heart.
Announced on their blog, Playstation has officially confirmed that The Last of Us is indeed coming to the Playstation 4. Titled The Last of Us Remastered, Naughty Dog Community Strategist Arne Meyer detailed what players can expect in this port of the 2013 Game of Year.
Included in the Remaster is all the DLC from the Playstation 3 version, including the recently released Left Behind story DLC. In addition, Meyer confirms that the game will be running at 1080p and will feature upgraded character models, improved lighting and shadows and more.
There are also a set of bonuses given if you decide to pre-order the game. These bonuses include:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode (only available if preordered on PS Store)
- Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode (only available if preordered on PS Store)
- Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode (only available if preordered on PS Store)
The team also confirmed that they are shooting for 60 FPS, though no set framerate has been announced as of now.
Are you excited to step back into the world of The Last of Us on your PS4? Let us know in the comments below!